Getting through 2nd semester of this master’s program was tough.
Self doubt has been the main causing denominator as I tackle assignments that seem intimidating and difficult. My current environment plays a part in the matter where DC attracts some of the most ambitious individuals within the United States and the world at large. How can you compete with that? How does one find peace in the matter?
It took about a year, but I finally feel comfortable in this environment. It took wonderful mentors, super cool friends, and the world of yoga to teach me how to find peace in the midst of this environment.
Balance has never been my friend. Either I am always on the go or I am locked up in my room staying still. There is never a in between feeling for me, and I’m not sure that I want that for myself either.
The seductive nature of a good challenge always call out to me. My curious mind cannot help, but to engage on the coolest challenges, the dopest opportunities, and the next adventure around the corner.
What does the future have in store?
- taking relevant summer classes to keep on track for graduation
- either working a full time internship or 2 part time jobs
- Plan C: considering getting a weekend job for pocket change on my down time
- being a GW Graduate Ambassador representative for the university
- planning to be on the eboard for either one or two student organizations
- hopefully doing my practicum internship/marketing job
- NOT sleeping. Basically.
Conferences (even though I have to miss school )
- CDC Health Communications, Marketing, and Media Conference – Sept 11-13th in Atlanta (ayeeee)
- American Public Health Association Yearly Conference – November 10-14th in San Diego, CA
Second year of this master’s program is going to be intense to say the least. I’m applying to everything that moves so I can secure a proper job by the time that I graduate. Also, I’m not sure if or when I am coming back to school, so I want to take advantage of everything that they have here. From alternative spring breaks to winter trips to Quebec at a reduced rate, I want to do it all.
It is going to be an awesome year, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store!